Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Finals Week in Japan

My last week of Japan consisted of taking final tests and writing out the last of my essays for class. Studying for tests were hard, but I'm glad that they are over now.

Friday night, I went with three others from the seminar house and two more from Kansai Gaidai and sang some more karaoke. After doing that for about an hour, we met up with some more people, did a little bit of shopping, and then getting a really good dinner.

The food was really good.

On Saturday night, the seminar house threw a going away party for everyone. Everyone had to leave which included the Japanese students because they needed to clean everything before the next semester started. There was pizza and sushi and we had fun playing games and listening to music. The rest of that weekend was spent going back and forth between Hirakata and Osaka getting last minute souvenirs.

Monday, I said goodbye to most everyone one last time. Yuuka and her mother saw me off at the airport - I will always be grateful for that.

Some of the final pictures that others have sent to me or I found on my IPad are below.

Me doing Japanese calligraphy.

A group of us at Nara. Rino, myself, Mallary, 

Conveyor belt sushi.

Yuuka, myself, and Shiori at a restaurant in a nearby mall. We ate omurice there.


The shaved ice at okonomiyake turned our tongues red and yellow.

This was the checkout at the Japanese bakery.

I don't remember what the food was called, but its a traditional Japanese snack and it was really good. I split one with Yuuka.

Myself, Yuuka, and her little sister Ayano.

I will never forget my time in Japan.

My time in Japan was amazing. I met a lot of new friends while I was over there and I had a blast. I learned so much, experienced a lot, and had a great time. It was the best thing that ever happened to me in all senses of the word and I would love to go back someday and explore more.

I can't thank the Gilman Scholarship enough. It was because of their scholarship that I was able to be able to go and have the best summer of my life. I hope that others take advantage of the opportunity the Gilman allowed and still allows myself and many others to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment