Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week 5 Dress Up

During this week, I went to another club on campus. This one was calligraphy. I went once on Monday and again that Thursday. I found a short video on Youtube that has a professional doing it (I didn't do nearly as well as he did).





That Friday, I went with my friend, Yuuki, and his friend, Wakana, to a place called New Dehli. It's an Indian restaurant right outside the main gate of Kansai Gaidai. We were there for about two hours and had lots of fun eating and talking about different things.

This is some of the food we ate. It was really good and not that spicy at all.
On Saturday, the Summer Program had a field trip to Kyoto. The first thing we did was paint fans.

Before painting. I don't have an after.

I do have the design I ended up painting.
For lunch, many of us went to a chain restaurant called Sukiya. I got a bowl of rice with tuna and threaded seaweed on it.

It was called the Tuna Bowl.
That afternoon, we went to a Kimono rental place and got to wear yukatas for a few hours! This is the one that I wore.

Half of the girls, like myself, had to wear the men's clogs because our feet were so big.
We went to a nearby temple to meet up with everyone.





A few of us went to the Kennin-ji Temple to look around some and then went to go eat shaved ice (it was a very hot day).

I got a parfait instead. All of the shaved ice had beans on it.
After we met back up with everyone else and as we started heading back, there was a group of little girls wearing yukatas dancing to some music.


About thirty seconds later, it started raining cats and dogs. Luckily, most of us managed to get back to the shop before it really started coming down. Most of us decided to go back to Hirakata instead of staying in the rain.

On Sunday, I went to Nipponbashi to shop in this area called Den Den Town. It specializes in everything anime. My favorite store that I went to there is called Jungle. It specializes in selling action figures and toys. I had a lot of fun looking around at all of the different toys and action figures for sale. I also bought a few things as well.

I really liked looking at this window display.
I had a lot of fun this week and can't wait to do more!

Pre travel
Week 1 Part 1
Week 1 Part 2
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7

No comments:

Post a Comment